ROCHELLE PORTER DESIGN DEBUTS FIRST WALLPAPER COLLECTION
The popular sustainable lifestyle brand expands its home décor line to bring vibrant, globally-inspired patterns and eclectic interior design into customers’ homes.
ATLANTA, GA, April 27, 2022 – In celebration of the 2022 spring season, Rochelle Porter Design (RPD) has launched a brand-new wallpaper collection today, offering eight one-of-a-kind designs with over one dozen adventurous colorways guaranteed to liven up any space. The collection is an expansion of RPD’s home décor offerings – which also includes tea towels, pillow covers, and table runners – and further cements the brand’s position as a leader in the lifestyle and home accents space.
"Our wallpaper debut has been two years in the making,” says Rochelle Porter, founder and creative director of Rochelle Porter Design. “Launching this collection was a no-brainer.” I always felt our designs would translate well into wallcoverings, and the overwhelming demand from our customers confirmed it. I’m thrilled to finally bring RPD’s unique aesthetic into homes everywhere.”
Boasting artistic prints hand-designed by Porter herself, the debut collection features a combination of free-spirited painterly watercolors, graphic black and white patterns, and diverse global influences – from the colorful hues of the Caribbean coast to the architectural blues of Turkey, to the bold geometrics of West African weaves. So whether for the living room, bedroom, home office, or kitchen, each of RPD’s wallpaper designs will bring new life to customers’ home environments.
“We’re spending a lot more time at home lately, so wallpaper is the perfect way to infuse energy, color and creativity into a space, and just make it more fun to exist in,” adds Porter. “The spring and summer months are a great time for sprucing up your living and work spaces with our quality wallpaper, and it is versatile enough to inspire joy year-round.”
Wallpaper patterns include:
- Caribbean Sea: Mural-sized wallpaper inspired by the tranquil turquoise waters around Barbados. Colors: Teal, Cobalt, Aqua.
- Tiger Tiger Chocolate: Evoking the classic William Blake poem “The Tyger”, this earth-toned pattern soothes and intrigues at the same time. Colors: Mocha, Taupe, Ecru.
- Beauty: A fresh take on a classic Spanish tile motif; available in eight colorways. Colors: Peacock, Cool Gray, Taupe, Rose.
- Oga: A fan favorite, this West Africa-inspired print adorns all signature RPD textiles. Colors: Black, White.
- Kobo: Geometric, bold and dynamic enough for every room in the house; available in six bold colorways. Colors: Peacock, Orchid, Yellow, Taupe, Charcoal.
RPD wallpaper is sold by the yard and comes in two earth-friendly substrates that are recommended to be installed professionally:
- Grasscloth: Made from 100% sustainable and biodegradable organic fibers and plants, this luxury sisal wallcovering is hand-woven on a loom, yielding a rich textured finish. No two rolls are exactly the same. Grasscloth is recommended for accent walls and lower-traffic areas. It is rated for residential installation only. 36” wide, $111/ yard
- Luxury Smooth Matte: This substrate is a lightweight (8 oz), vinyl-free wallcovering that is made from wood pulp and natural fiber technology containing materials sourced by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). This eco-friendly, economical option yields crisp, saturated graphics and has a highly breathable surface that increases resistance to mold and mildew in high humidity environments. 54" wide, $77 / yard
Aligned to RPD’s sustainability commitment, all wallpaper orders will be printed on-demand and manufactured regionally in the United States to limit carbon footprint and manufacturing waste, while ensuring utmost quality. To learn more and shop the new collection, visit www.rochelleporter.com. Also follow RPD on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for new updates and design inspirations from the brand.
About Rochelle Porter Design
Rochelle Porter Design is a lifestyle brand that brings bursts of joy to the everyday. RPD's home décor, accessories, and activewear feature vibrant prints derived from the founder's original artwork and colorful Caribbean roots. Her travel-inspired patterns feature classic motifs with a modern twist. True to its tagline, "Design for abundant living,” RPD believes everyone along its value chain should live well. The company prioritizes fair pay, ethical manufacturing, and the use of sustainable materials. RPD has collaborated with West Elm, and has been featured on The Today Show, Oprah Daily, and Southern Living.