PUBLIC RELATIONS + SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
ABOUT ROCHELLE PORTER DESIGN
Rochelle Porter Design is a lifestyle brand that brings bursts of joy to the everyday. RPD's happy home decor, textiles, and activewear feature vibrant prints derived from our founder's original artwork and colorful Caribbean roots. True to our tagline, “Design for abundant living,” we believe everyone along our value chain should live well—from the farmer who picks the organic cotton for our throw pillows, to the customer who puts them on her sofa. To that end, RPD prioritizes fair pay, ethical manufacturing, and the use of sustainable materials when possible. We’ve been featured in Essence, BuzzFeed, PopSugar, House Beautiful, Elle DECOR, Apartment Therapy and a host of other media outlets.
To learn more, visit rochelleporter.com.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an up-and-coming PR/social medial superstar to help us take RPD to new heights for the 2022 holiday season. We’ve got some BIG projects in the works that the world needs to know about, and we need your help to make that happen! This 3-month assignment is perfect for a highly creative, collaborative individual with excellent writing skills, a great attitude, and a love for all things publicity and social media.
The ideal candidate lives in the Metro Atlanta area, but exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- Draft press releases and holiday email marketing content
- Follow up with media contacts and maintain existing relationships
- Update RPD press kit as needed
- Assist in creating social media campaigns for Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- Assist on photo shoots and in-person events as needed
Qualifications and skills:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (This is super important.)
- True team player with a positive, teachable attitude (This is just as important as the first bullet).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, with strong time management skills and work ethic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on networking and relationship building
- Ability to identify a target market and speak to that consumer through social media and press materials
- Proactive attitude, with a focus on individual research regarding new pitch angles, media outlets, industry trends
- Experience in the design, retail, sustainability, and/or home decor space a HUGE plus
- Knowledge of digital media software – Klaviyo, Adobe Photoshop, Canva or other graphic design software is a plus
- We provide reimbursement for any work-related travel and expenses
Duration of assignment:
3 months with the potential for consideration for extended part-time role, or referral for part-time or full-time work. Interns are expected to work 5-8 hours per week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by September 23, 2022. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.